Have you applied for a job or currently writing your CV?
Then you know how tough it can be to put the right things in that piece of paper!!
Here are some real abstracts from CVs that can easily lose you the job... Enjoy! :)
The world is moving and developing rapidly nowadays. You need to be up on your feet if you want to keep on track with all the new trends.
Well here's a website dedicated in "sniffing-out" and reporting the latest corporate trends from around the world, mostly concerning marketing and innovation.
If you are a young enterpreneur, then you should definately keep an eye on TrendWatching.com.
Now the Free Hugs Campaign is spreading as fast as light all around the world. People, mostly younger ones, from different continents are going out on the streets with a "free hugs" banner and are gladly offering a warm hug to anyone who wants one!
It seems that a bit more love and compassion is what the world mainly needs...
Nicole Tricoukes of Symbol Technologies describes the process:
"At the kiosk you get a boarding pass and you get your photo taken. As you approach the boarding gate, you can be verified by your pass and your face, and enter the gate. This is great for security, and for the passenger."
Pioneer ideas (from a Greek!) at NextFest in New York.
- Because we are European Champions in Soccer
- Because we were European Champions in Basketball
- Because Paparizou (singer) made us Eurovision Champions
- Because we buy whole watermelons and not in slices
- Because we buy whole lambs and not in pieces
- Because when we buy feta we buy at least a kilo and not 150gr.
- Because nights in Greece finish in the morning
- Because flirting is our national hobby
- Because we are world champions in sex
- Because we always moan about the public sector and everyone seeks to get a job in it
- Because we go out almost every night even if we are penniless
- Because we know how to spend better than we know how to save
- Because we never visit others empty-handed
- Because there is no way to explain to foreigners what "kapsoura" is... (a burning desire for someone)
- Because we do not share the cost of petrol with those we give a ride
- Because for the sake of a woman we would wage war for 10 years (Trojan war)
- Because we are everywhere around the planet
- Because we love and hate with passion
- Because the word "filotimo" (a synonym of honor, helping someone because it is the right thing to do) doesn't exist in any other language
- Because whenever the foreigners cannot find a word, they bloody steal one of ours
- Because we spend our high and low times with our friends and family, not with therapists and counsellors
- Because Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle were Hellenic and the whole world still quotes them
- Because we invented theatre
- Because we gave birth to Democracy
- Because we discovered logic
- Because we jump started science
- Because we are proud of our culture, not of our wars
- Because Jesus Christ's best friends were Greeks
- Because when others were discovering meat, we already had
- cholesterol! !
- Because when we were building the Parthenon, the others were still sleeping under trees
- Because when others created wars, we created Games to stop wars
- Because we have a distinction between Eros (falling in love) & Agape (innocent love), while we feel both passionately
- Because we don't use ketchup or mayonnaise with our food . It tastes damn good anyway!
- Because we tossed our ancient alphabet to the Romans and our medieval alphabet to the Slavs
- Because we get angry quickly but forget all about it even quicker
- Because we are not ashamed to cry
- Because we dance when we are sad and party when w e are happy
- Because we work to live and we do not live to work
- Because 97% of the stars' names are Hellenic
- Because we always talk about getting in a diet after we had our meal
- Because although we know danger well, we dare
- Because when you shout "brother" in the streets, everyone turns around
- Because "Greeks do not fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks" (Winston Churchill, 1941)
- Because we speak loudly and laugh even louder!!!
A day around the narrow streets with some clouds running through the sky is a wonderful experience. A tourist can visit the breathtaking cathedral, the jewish synagoges and muslim mosques, characteristic of the cultural mix in the old times. Be careful of the knights!
In the restaurant opposite to the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, a wonderful example of peaceful and medieval architecture, you can try the delicious traditional plate "carcamusa".
And of course do not miss visiting the House-Museum of El Greco, containing his paintings of Christ and the 12 Apostols, and seeing his famous painting "El entierro del Conde de Orgaz" in the Church of Santo Tomé.
It´s no secret that the engineers at Google are like in a playground - they are allowed almost anything. From decorating their office as they want, to cafeterias and courtyards they are some of the most spoiled employees in the world. Even million-dollar mistakes are being treated with a pat-in-the-back.
All this small chaos is meant to increase creativity and growth and until now has lead to extrordinary results. And they believe it´s all part of the plan...
The "structured chaos" culture in Google is mostly coordinated by Shona Brown, the author of the book "Competing on the Edge: Strategy as Structured Chaos".
The latest Google products, although extrordinary, haven´t faced the success of their core business, the ad-enhanced super search engine. Is this risky playful culture going to provide them with another "bang" in the market soon or is it all going to fall apart?
Due to its remote location, the beach is quite well preserved almost like no man has laid foot there.
There are two ways to arrive to Mpalos:
- You can go by car up to the hill right behind the beach, park there and then walk down the path to the beach for about 30'.
- You can arrive to the port of Kasteli (in Kissamos), by car or by bus, and then catch the boats to Mpalos beach and Gramvousa island. However, the boat ticket is expensive: 20 euros!
Either you are talking to your kid, or you are making a presentation, or you are designing a poster, or trying to get a girl to notice you, you need to be provocative!
When I was around 14 my english teacher gave my class a poem to read and keep, which really struck me. It was a poem of Robert Frost called "The road not taken".
I don't think that this poem changed my life, but for sure it's a moment I will always remember...
Tired of these boring university courses?
Well, some management courses have went beyond the normal standards! They try to inspire the MBA students and broaden their view on the "art of management".
But is creativity the absolute solution to all managerial problems? Some debate No. We need to correctly manage our endless ideas in order to be successful!
Articles by Business Week online
Problems folding your t-shirts? Do you get them always rinkled after a trip? Does it take you ours to pack your suitcase?
See this practical guide: Fold your T-shirt in 2 seconds!
You want to do the same with other clothes? Check here!
If someone knows the definition or is an actual project engineer, please write a comment to this post!
The greek invention!
How to make it:
You take a tall glass. Put inside 1 spoon or coffee and 1 of sugar and a little water. Mix with a mixer until it gets thick and light brown. Add icecubes, concentrated milk and water. Put a straw and enjoy the original ice coffee!